Sunday, July 3, 2011

May is for M Month, M is for Mother's Day on the 3-G Network

Mother's Day Weekend 2011 was an special event for me.


I got to go to my Daughter's home and we celebrated a variety of very special events. First my oldest granddaughter (G-1) attended her 8th grade prom. 

This is my 6th grade Graduation and Prom Dress - Styles have changed- haven't they?
I tried to find a picture of my daughter's prom dress. It was this beautiful white dress of yards of lace with a petticoat hoop - and she spent weeks sewing hundreds of pearls on it. It was gorgeous.
My Granddaugter (G-1)  also selected and invited her father to be a chaperon at the dance. This is her dad's outfit. the wall behind him is really pink however the glow from his outfit turned green. He is a big Celtics fan if you haven't noticed. 
(G-1)  enjoying his Celtics suit and of course lest we overlook the green feathered hat.

 My granddaughter (G-1)  has an amazing sense of the ridiculous and humor, she was non-plused by his outfit and loved him all the more for it. When he got to the dance, the principal of her school put him at the door so everyone was greeted by his green amazingness.

My youngest granddaughter (G-3) showed off all her wall of swimming trophies to me. She is quite the swimmer. My nickname for her is Little Mermaid. She is the state champion in points in her age group.
She is perpetually cold.She had taken to wearing a hat all the time. You would not believe how cold the water is and she gets up every morning to swim with her coach.
May is also my middle granddaughter's birthday (G-2). We attended her birthday party at the gym where she is a Competition Cheerleader.

As my daughter so aptly puts it...." The Girls had a big Time"!!!!!!
Here are some pictures from the Tumbling Party at the Gym.


The Birthday Cake was amazing. It looked like it was ordered from Cake Boss.

The girls played a game - there were 3 calls:
1. Monkeys in a tree - climb up on your partner's back
2. Lovers Lane  seen above
3. Surf Board.   you get up on your partner's back who is lying on the floor.

The final event of the weekend was the lovely musical concert from my Granddaughter's school. She plays the flute. The performances were doubly amazing as this was the first year they had band. They have a dedicated music teacher that made this possible.

The musical pieces and vocals were outstanding. The setting of the beautiful church made a lovely backdrop for the classical musical and show tunes and Bell choir.




No comments: