Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nanaparents Day

This is Grandparent's Day at Parkersburg Catholic School which started off with a Mass. The entire side of the gymnasium bleachers were fillled with  grandparents and excited students.

The Handbell Choir played beautifully 3 Hymns: Kyrie, Let There Be Peace on Earth"  - can never say that without finishing up with and "Let it begin with me" and Onward Christian Soldiers
                                 
After the Mass several hundred grandparents lined up for the Lunch Brunch from Tim Horton's in the cafeteria. This is nana, gabba and sillie face. 
We missed having our picture taken with the Crusader, their mascot, so we took this picture with the"BF's".




Mrs. McBrayer - Language Arts 


I was also introduced to Ms. Vincent the science teacher and I was proud and impressed with the projects that Gabba shared with me;  I loved the stamens and pistils on the flower model and the Solar System model was excellent.
We went and looked at the lockers. Gabba's was very neat and organized. She showed me her beautiful binder that she had decorated with sequins and sparkly decorations.

This is Michael C. When Gabba was little she had an imaginary brother named Michael.
Guess who showed up at Catholic School.
The teachers assume they are brother and sister but they are not, just very good friends.
I was glad to hear that Michael looks after his "little sister"


We were challenged to take on the Academic Challlenge Team. The lovely lady sitting next to me turned out to be Michael's Grandmother. She told me that 3 generations of her family have attended this Catholic School.  She did, Michael's mother and now Michael.  She knew an incredible amount about the early settlers to Mid Ohio Valley and answered many questions that no one else knew the answer to.
Now I want to address some of the questions that I knew the answers to. Because I had listened to my children practicing music, I knew about Steven Foster - even my grandies recognized his name when they practiced their instruments and saw his name on their music. I knew the two sequels - acutally more of them to Star Wars, because our family has been watching Star Wars for over 20 years.  For many years it was a Christmas Tradition to watch all the movies when the kids came home from college. My favorite hard question was about equi hippos,  I remember seeing that at the York County Museum where my daughter went to college.  I freely admit to being a dork and love to go to places and learn about new things.

My grandie and adopted grandie said goodbye and I hope to get an invitation next year. I was really impressed with the school and the professionalism and graciousness that the teachers and staff exhibited during Granparents' Day Celebrations.

The special events did not stop happening. My son in law made me a special breakfast, Banana Split waffles which I really loved and thanked him for.

And finally the Piece de Resistance. Still yet another surprise and this was the biggest one of all.

My very own  shocking pink Chuck Taylors which I have worn since Grandparent's day and am thinking about wearing to Gabba's wedding.

Thank you all so much for all the caring and sharing you did with me on this special weekend.



1 comment:

Nana Time said...

Wow, that school looks awesome; and Gabba looks so happy there.