Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ethel helps Lucy set up a blog

Hello, this is Thursday July 15Th, 2010.

Ethel and Lucy have been trying for several days to set up a blog for Ethel. You can see what finally transpired and what Ethel figured out. So I am going to publish the original post from 2 days ago. Taking you back to:

Wednesday July 14Th, 2010.
Ethel Helps Lucy Set Up Her First Blog
(Little did she know it would be several days later)

Lucy is trying to post her first blog.
Ethel here is trying to help her.

Ethel sends Lucy to cook Frogmore Stew as
Ethel is the Powerhouse Publisher.

Lucy is not the next great American Chef as only having 4 meals she now remembers how to actually cook. One being Frogmore Stew.

When I originally wrote this we were on our second day, it is now into the fourth of Lucy trying to figure out what the problem was.
She did succeed in doing so and straightening out the mess.
Passwords were a very bad sticking point for us. However Lucy finally managed it late into the second day after many hours and many emails back and forth to Google.

In the picture Lucy was in her second day of trying to publish the blog, bogged down so to speak. You might think that this is simple, but things have a tendency to get complicated for us.

You might also be wondering about the Ethel and Lucy Monikers. We have these adventures really that I am not aiming for at all. Ethel seems to just attract trouble and I unfortunately go along with them never suspecting that I am in for it once again. I am still not full recovered from the Farmer in the Dell adventure which I really must blame on my Garmin. Someday I will tell that story. But this is a warning: Garmins do not work in the Hills and Mountains of Virginia and West Virginia. I need to amend that They will get you in but God Forbid you want to leave.

Lucy came over for a play date and I made Frog More Stew. There is actually a Frogmore South Carolina and I intend to go to Frogmore, South Carolina.

This is a picture that Lucy took of the table. She always has her camera with her being an exceptional photo journalist.

You can see the Cathedral Window Place mats I made from a kit from Galloping Horse, Ltd. Lucy is selling these kits and taught me how to use the templates. The templates are all made of metal so you can use them to iron the windows closed - How hot is that!

I really got addicted to making the place mats. I made 8 of them - that is why there are so many on the table even though there were only two of us for lunch ....... I put as many out as would fit on the table.

Here is my recipe for Frogmore Stew:
Ingredients
3 quarts water
1 medium onion, halved
Several stalks of Celery
(Optional 2 cloves garlic, crushed and a Lemon)
1 (3 ounce) package dry crab boil
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed ( I leave this out when I make rice to serve with the stew.)
4 ears corn, husk and silk removed (I use frozen corn in a pinch)
1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp (I use frozen shrimp in a pinch)
1 pound smoked beef sausage, cut into chunks (I use the smokie wiener sausages)

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 dash hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
Directions
1. Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the water, and throw in the halves. Add onion, garlic, salt and crab boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes, Celery and sausage, and return to a boil. Simmer covered for 20 minutes. Break the ears of corn in half, and add them to the pot; cover, and cook for 10 more minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the shrimp, and cover for 5 minutes. Drain off liquid before serving and Remove the crab boil package. It may be reserved for other uses such as soup stock.
3. Stir together the melted butter and hot sauce. Serve with the seafood and vegetables for dipping.

I didn't do this, instead I had fresh fruit desert with whipped cream. Ethel's husband send over fresh blueberries from the garden and they were delicious. I don't stand on ceremony at my table, the can of whipped cream was on the table and you could squirt as much as you wanted.

Its time to try and publish this blog. I wish there was a Saint for lost blogs.
If you are reading this Thank Ethel.







3 comments:

Nana Time said...

Yea!!!! I love it all over again.

Stop by my daughter's blog at sweatestp.blogspot.com

For some insane Ethel reason my blog published without the text......grrrrrr :(

Ashli said...

Ethel is your tech-wizard? Considering the fact I just changed her background for her, I am scared!
Just Kidding, but I too, have been on some crazy car-contained, directionally-challenged missions with Ethel PRE-Garmin. You try to read a map to your mother when you are ten and she is zooming around in a huge Lincoln at speeds that scare your pants off.
We did always find a laugh, and an alternate route home, though. Sometimes it is the adventure that makes the trip memorable, anyway!

Kimberly said...

Oooo, that frogmore stew looks DELICIOUS! Welcome to the blog world!